Brendan's Bike Blog

I am obsessed with all things bicycle. Riding them, building them, selling them. I don't know why. This blog is my attempt to tame the obsession just a little. Enjoy!

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Armstrong Foundation Century

I got reminded again by a friend that I should update my blog more often. Time flies when you're having fun. Since my last post I have been a busy, busy bee!
I think the highlight of my riding season has to be completing the Lance Armstrong Foundation Century Challenge back on September 10th. I have never actually done a century before so I was a little trepidatious before the ride. I finished with a 6 hour and 6 minute rolling time. I felt great! A special thanks to my friend Steve J who encouraged me to join his team the "Pharma Fliers", the club he started at Sanofi Aventis. Another round of thanks to all the folks who donated money to help me reach my fundraising goal. Our team of 15 raised over $20,000! Very cool. I must also say that the experience of riding in and around the city of Philadelphia was spectacular. It was also very cool have police at every intersection stopping all the cars so that the bicycles had the right of way. It's a refreshing change. After accomplishing this milestone as a cyclist I would encourage you to try it as well if you have not ever gone 100 miles. It takes a bit a training before hand but like thomas Edison said, "If we did all the things that we are capable of we would literally astound ourselves."

1 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Lookin' good in orange there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home